Little Karoo

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Callie

Supporting Member
Marketplace
The Little Karoo is a large area between the Indian Ocean and the Swartberg (Black Mountain). It is part of the Cape Fold belt. A beautiful area of our country. Images are from around the Oudtshoon district.
00558 16X10,5W D3OO 8873.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
00532 18X12W D3OO 8720.jpg
00285 30X20W D3OO 8704.jpg
00272 30 X20W D3OO 8590.jpg
00097-A3W-D3OO-8898.jpg

Great place for sharpening up your lark identification skills :)
Thanks ~ Yes Dave, but sadly, they are all JBJ's in my book. I shoot them if I can, then come home and get a friend to ID them. Have about 560 or so SA birds, but the LBJ's don't feature too strong there.

Thanks ~ Yes Dave, but sadly, they are all JBJ's in my book. I shoot them if I can, then come home and get a friend to ID them. Have about 560 or so SA birds, but the LBJ's don't feature too strong there.
I 100% agree but a trip to Namibia did sway me. Watching Benguela Long-billed Larks display is amazing!

I 100% agree but a trip to Namibia did sway me. Watching Benguela Long-billed Larks display is amazing!
The best I could get is the Rufus-Naped lark displaying, he does a great dance! But I see your lark is way up NW in the beautiful land. I was born and bred there, but sadly never went up north of Hentiesbaai. And I did not have a camera or the love, then!

Lovely landscape images Callie, bet the wildlife in the area is fab.
Stevie, actually, no; birds are OK and small mammals etc could be seen if you are lucky, but sadly, all the big game has long been hunted out. Still sprinbok and kudus on the farms and klipspringers in the mountains. Ostriches are abundant!

Back