Little ringed plover

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Please let me know what you thing about this picture.

Thanks in advance.

Anton

_RHO3917.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

so much more than bird on a stick. I always prefer birds doing what birds do. good catch. , good isolation of the subject with DOF control.
At first I thought it was a little soft but looking closer I would say this is a very heavy crop and you just ran out of pixels..
Good bird in habitat shot.

Thanks for your positive comments. Somehow It seems the tumbnail is visible and not the "whole image", It was taken by a D500 with a 500mmPF and only a small crop.

Nice image, looks like you nailed it with a long, fast lens. I would loose a lot of the OOF FG, to just above where the blue ends and the yellows begin and then for balance, loose some space in front of the bird, maybe onto to to get a tighter crop, but still in the environment. I would also darken the BG to pop the bird. Easy may with Brightnes/contrast layer in Photoshop, mask, after adjusting and then paint out subject o leave darker BG. many ways to do in PS, it can change the negative raw image into magical jpegs!

I agree with Callie for the crop, and I too enjoy seeing the birds doing what they do. I think it looks a bit over exposed generally and maybe a blown highlight on the white feathers? Over all a lovely photo of the bird doing its thing, undisturbed.

Back