If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Little Zig Zag Creek and Falls, Multnomah County, OR near the south base of Mount Hood. This past autumn my wife and I spent 12 days visiting with a daughter, reliving college days, and doing a circular trip Portland/Cannon Beach/Florence/Eugene/Sisters then back to Portland. Wish we had twice the time to explore.

DSC_2609smL.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

DSC_2579smL.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

NIkon D5100
Raw file processed in LightRoom

Little Zig Zag Creek and Falls, Multnomah County, OR near the south base of Mount Hood. This past autumn my wife and I spent 12 days visiting with a daughter, reliving college days, and doing a circular trip Portland/Cannon Beach/Florence/Eugene/Sisters then back to Portland. Wish we had twice the time to explore.

View attachment 31604

View attachment 31599

NIkon D5100
Raw file processed in LightRoom
Nice falls. Well done. Did you use ND filter to slow your speed on the water or was it dark in the woods? Love the areas you visited too. The MacKenzie river area west of Sisters as a gorgeous drive.

Kurt,

A polarizing filter was enough slow the shutter. No n.d. needed but I did have one with me just in case. ISO 100, .3 seconds, f/ 7.1 for the actual falls.

I tried shutter speeds from something like 1/20 second to 3 seconds and liked this one.

Thank you.