Local Icey Trees

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I took this photo this afternoon not too far from my house after a heavy fog froze to all the trees. Is there a simple way to add your camera and lens info for each photo or do y'all enter that manually?
_DSC1468-Edit-Edit2.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Rick, your icy trees photo is within BCG's 1250 pixel width limit, so we need to consider how you export or save images from your computer program.

What photo library and editing software do you use?

… David
I use Lightroom + Photoshop for most photos. I resized this image to post here using Steve Perry's resizing actions that he showed/offered in this YouTube video years ago: Sharpen And Resize Photos For The Web.

I use Lightroom + Photoshop for most photos. I resized this image to post here using Steve Perry's resizing actions.
Thanks, Rick. I've watched Steve's video and have downloaded his Photoshop (Ps) 'action'. I'll give it a try tonight!

I don't use Lightroom (Lr) at all. I did try it several times but have now (finally?) given up. This old codger finds Lightroom (Lr) too intimidatingly 'new agey' for their liking!

My choice is Lightroom Classic (LrC). Here is the export preset that I use for BCG:

BCG Export from LrC

Note:
  • Limit File Size: 1000 KB.
  • Resize to Fit: 1250 px (long edge).
  • Include all Metadata.

Last edited:
Thanks, Rick. I've watched Steve's video and have downloaded his Photoshop (Ps) 'action'. I'll give it a try tonight!

I don't use Lightroom (Lr) at all. I did try it several times but have now (finally?) given up. This old codger finds Lightroom (Lr) too intimidatingly 'new agey' for his liking!

My choice is Lightroom Classic (LrC). Here is the export preset that I use for BCG (the last on the list of presets shown on left):

View attachment 53077
Note:
  • Limit File Size: 1000 KB.
  • Resize to Fit: 1250 px (long edge).
  • Include all Metadata.
Thank you for the help, based on your instructions I assume I made a mistake when exporting the photo and didn't include all metadata which is why it's missing. I also probably should have been more clear with my response, I also use Lightroom Classic and not Lightroom, I forgot there was another version haha.

Last edited:
This is another photo I took the same day, let's see if being more careful with my export and being sure to include all metadata worked.
Edit to add: Yay it worked!
Icey Trees.jpg

Back