If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

850_4835.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
850_1975.jpg
850_1891.jpg
850_2209.jpg
850_4704.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliments, guys!
I guess all you wildlife experts know that the last pic, the "honorary" one, is a muskrat. Beavers allow them to live in their lodges. There is at least one breeding pair of muskrats living in the lodge where these shots were taken. I'm hoping to get some young beaver and muskrat shots in the next few months. Fingers crossed!

Love them all but #2 is fascinating.
#2 is when this one decided to check me out due to all the clicking. That is a full frame photo taken in very low light.. I think I had the D850 in DX mode with 500PF. All I know is if he had come any closer, focus would have been an issue. I kept the camera to my eye and didn't move. He quietly swam away after looking me over.

Very, very nice photos. No better place for wildlife than a beaver pond.
Yeah, beavers are truly a keystone species. This lake is in a no build, wetland/flood plain and is next to one of the city's greenways. The land was pretty ugly before the beavers dammed it. Now it is full of mammals, birds and reptiles.