Long Exposure Waves

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

pomkiwi

Supporting Member
Marketplace
On the coast for New Year. Fairly stormy but poor light. I spent an hour or two messing with long exposure photos as the tide came in.

DSC_3094.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

That can be an interesting exercise seeing the results at various ss. Judging by the edge of the rocks it looks like you had a bit of camera shake. Or VR left on?

Thanks both for your constructive comments. As I mentioned above the light was very poor, no ND filter used. I took this from the cliffs using a 100-400 mm lens and 1.4 TC (so 560mm). It's then cropped at about 100%. There is some camera shake (1/4 sec handheld) but I felt in the contex of the image some softening of the rock margins was OK. I tried various exposure settings in PP but in the nd darkening the image didn't add much to the sea whilst losing some of the limited structure in the rocks. Not a competition winner by any stretch!

Back