Looking Across the Cook Inlet

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

RGS

Looking across Alaska's Cook Inlet from the Kenai Peninsula. Alaskan skies can be very moody and the distances quite vast. These first two are sunsets but the third is just a mid-day view. The final one is the Holgate Glacier in Kenai Fjords National Park.

I lived in Fairbanks many years ago. These are from my most recent visit to Alaska in July.
AK-2021 -  84-Edit.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
AK-2021 -  85.jpg
AK-2021 -  457-Edit.jpg
AK-2021 -  328-Edit-Edit.jpg

Love these especially the first one with the golden glow high in the clouds , I`m assuming you used a slow shutter speed in some of these ?

Harry.G

Reactions: RGS
Love these especially the first one with the golden glow high in the clouds , I`m assuming you used a slow shutter speed in some of these ?

Harry.G
Thank you. That first one is also a favorite of mine. These are all hand-held at 300mm with my Canon EF 70-300L so the SS is not too slow. Those mountains are about 30 miles away, so some of the softness is due to atmospheric distortion - both for distance and the hazy light. I will also confess to softening the water a bit in PS to imitate long exposure. The last two are from the deck of a boat on a rough sea so, again, no long exposure as well as holding on so as not to be thrown overboard.

Back