Looking for an off camera flash cable that works on the Sony A1 and Godox V1 flash

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I want to put my flash on a bracket for fill flash, but I'm not having any luck finding a cable. The Vello off camera ttl flashcord for multi interface shoe states it isn't compatable with the A1, but some people are claiming they are having success with it. Does anybody have a cable that works with this set up?

If you get a radio trigger and receiver you should be able to fire the flash on a bracket although I did hear a long time ago that radio triggers sometimes don't like close range. You could always get one from Amazon or somewhere that has a returns policy and return it if it does not work.

It also has the advantage that it will have up to 100 yards of range - maybe more so you could sit the flash on a light stand and get away from where the subjects are so as not to scare them off.

For shooting people a flash on a stand is way better than one near the camera axis.

If you get a radio trigger and receiver you should be able to fire the flash on a bracket although I did hear a long time ago that radio triggers sometimes don't like close range. You could always get one from Amazon or somewhere that has a returns policy and return it if it does not work.

It also has the advantage that it will have up to 100 yards of range - maybe more so you could sit the flash on a light stand and get away from where the subjects are so as not to scare them off.

For shooting people a flash on a stand is way better than one near the camera axis.
Thanks for the input.

Back