LOWEPRO

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Very disappointing, especially after the zipper broke on my big backpack and I was informed that Lowepros so called “lifetime warranty” didn’t cover the zipper. Cost me $100.00 to get a new one put in.

Very disappointing, especially after the zipper broke on my big backpack and I was informed that Lowepros so called “lifetime warranty” didn’t cover the zipper. Cost me $100.00 to get a new one put in.
That’s disappointing. Without a working zipper the bag is possibly useless!

A follow up. Needless to say, the wheels are not covered under warranty (big surprise) and they only want $32 plus shipping for new ones. I will have to set another solution.

Found these on Amazon, a bit thin but at 8 for $10.00 I’ll give them a try.

Those sound like a decent way to extend the wheel life.

Also FWIW, those wheels are pretty standard inline skate aka roller blade wheels. If you need to replace them in the future I'd just measure their diameter and pick up a set of similar skate wheels from a sports store or online, Amazon sells a ton of them at decent prices. Just look for sets that include the bearings or reuse the cartridge bearings in the Lowepro wheels if they're in good shape.

Those sound like a decent way to extend the wheel life.

Also FWIW, those wheels are pretty standard inline skate aka roller blade wheels. If you need to replace them in the future I'd just measure their diameter and pick up a set of similar skate wheels from a sports store or online, Amazon sells a ton of them at decent prices. Just look for sets that include the bearings or reuse the cartridge bearings in the Lowepro wheels.
Thanks Dave!

Man that's not good and saw your reply that it's not under warrantee. If you get a new one go to Think Tank! I've had a Airport Security for over 12 years and still looks new!

My Tamrac roller case has held up very well over the past 20 years, including use for wedding photography locally and overses travel with underwater photo gear. Surprising that a fabric case can withstand so much use and still look great. But that was the old Tamrac before it was taken over by the people from Gura Gear.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally got around to buying some polyurethane skateboard wheels as per Dave R’s suggestion. With the help of my trusty Dremel tool I was able to make them work. Thanks again Dave!

Back