LR Classic Update AI Masks Issue

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Roland J

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Hi,

I’m looking for a little help from our knowledgeable members.

I’ve had a problem just recently with Lightroom Classic requiring me to Update ai masks constantly. This happens even after having updated all ai masks and made no changes to the image. I understand the ai masks may require updating after making changes to an image with ai masks. For instance I apply separate ai masks to a set of images then close Lightroom Classic. When I reopen LR Classic the images require Updates to the ai masks.

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled LRC to no avail.

Running an Apple MacBook Pro M1 Max - Sonoma 14.5

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks for any help or direction you can provide!

Roland

Asked my wife, she is using it daily. Selecting multiple pictures with a mask, she didn’t find any difference.

ACR is always a bit different vs. LRC.
For example LRC gives you a handle to select the rings that controls the feather, while ACR feather size is via a slider.

Asked my wife, she is using it daily. Selecting multiple pictures with a mask, she didn’t find any difference.

ACR is always a bit different vs. LRC.
For example LRC gives you a handle to select the rings that controls the feather, while ACR feather size is via a slider.

The op is saying I think that when a picture is closed and reopened later the ai mask is lost. No problem for you?

Back