Luggage/Duffel for a 24.5 inch tripod

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

cr_wildlife

Supporting Member
Marketplace
On my last trip, I took my Promedia gear tripod. This is one that opens to 71 inches tall and has four sections. When I measure it collapsed without a gimbal, it measures 24.5 inches. I placed it in a large duffel (weight 10 pounds empty!) in which I also packed the gimbal and all the rest of my stuff (other than camera gear, which I pack in the largest carry on size Think Tank roller bag). When I was done packing, the duffel weighed close to 50 pounds. I am tired of lugging this heavy duffel around, even though it has wheels. I would like to change to two bags, one that fits the tripod and some other stuff and one that holds the rest of my stuff. Hopefully, each will weight about 25 pounds packed. Does anyone have any suggestions for a lighter weight bag, duffel or otherwise, that will fit my tripod? (I use the Think Tank roll aboard, as the 600 mm TC fits in it and it holds most of the rest of my camera gear.) Any suggestions are welcome, but, please, no comments about the tripod or the need for a tripod. I use mine quite a bit. Thanks.

Back