Lunchtime Waxwings

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I have not been able to go out this year. Last Friday, I brought my camera to work and went for a short walk at lunch to a nearby area that has consistently been visited by Bohemian waxwings for the past 3 years. In a sense, the waxwings have been a nice benchmark every winter for me to test out my compositional and post-processing skill - the rig has remained the same.
The last photo is the one that I struggle with the most because it has the least interesting background and I wish that there was more space under it (as it is looking down).

AKN_8787.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
AKN_8729.jpg
AKN_8785.jpg
AKN_8801.jpg
AKN_8862.jpg

AKN_8872.jpg

Ok, I came here to offer some feedback and then scrolled past six images. For me, having one image to focus on and provide feedback would be a lot easier than reviewing a portfolio. Maybe that's normal here, I'm kinda new. Just letting you know that's a friction point for me.

Ok, I came here to offer some feedback and then scrolled past six images. For me, having one image to focus on and provide feedback would be a lot easier than reviewing a portfolio. Maybe that's normal here, I'm kinda new. Just letting you know that's a friction point for me.
It is a normal thing here. You are free to focus on only one photo if you would like to.

It is a normal thing here. You are free to focus on only one photo if you would like to.
While we don't limit the number of images in the Critique forum, it is much easier for responders to make their comments on only 1 or 2 images. Then all the responses correspond to the same images.

The location itself provides a very difficult situation for good photographs due to the cluster of small branches and leaves - often with a busy background also. I watch look for photo ops such as #5 and 6.

I would remove the branch that looks like it is coming out the head. Then crop such that the birds head is about at 2/3. This would help display the color and detail that you captured of the bird better and still leave enough of the environment

Back