If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

ruley74

This big dude was clearly the alpha male of the mob that was around the waterhole we were photographing the parrots... love the stance!
DZ9_3171_DxO media copy.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Typical big red, nicely done, an animal to be wary of though.
Thanks, they're always more wary of us... but yes, if they growl take the hint!
Great photo!
Thanks Charles
Very Nice. Look at the claws on that guy!
Thanks very much
Excellent photo. Agree that's an awesome pose he took for you. Plus great techs and a lovely, complimentary BG.
Thanks Dan, appreciated
Great image Dean - he's in tip top condition, guessing there is plenty of feed out west at the moment.
Thanks, it was still surprisingly dry from probably 100km west of Cunnamulla... we left the day the most recent rain started last Monday so unsure if it got down not that area. Driving out though there was a lot of water around.

Great & Beautiful shot. These Red guys & girls certainly rule the roost in skippy land. Many years ago where I used to work we had a ‘domesticated’ male red skippy which had been taken as a wallaby from its dead mothers pouch.

It became very used to people and was much loved by all of the employees.

We worked night shift and when we could we would try and snatch a bit of shut eye. On one occasion I was rudely awakened by the big red fellow cuffing me around the ears looking for some attention. Doors had been left open so in he came.

Unfortunately as an adult he became far too ‘aggressive’ with people and had to be taken to a native wild life park.

Your fantastic image bought back some long lost memories. 😊

Last edited:
Great & Beautiful shot. These Red guys & girls certainly rule the roost in skippy land. Many years ago where I used to work we had a ‘domesticated’ male red skippy which had been taken as a wallaby from its dead mothers pouch.

It became very used to people and was much loved by all of the employees.

We worked night shift and when we could we would try and snatch a bit of shut eye. One one occasion I was rudely awakened by the big red fellow cuffing me around the ears looking for some attention. Doors had been left open so in he came.

Unfortunately as an adult he became far too ‘aggressive’ with people and had to be taken to a native wild life park.

Your fantastic image bought back some long lost memories. 😊
Thanks Paul, yeah similar story but as a kid I had a mate that had one.... he was so cool, but moody sometimes!

It's probably why I've always had an affinity for Reds

Great shot, Dean. This looks like he's not someone to trifle with. Well muscled, and those claws....... They should be registered as lethal weapons!