Mama Loon and Loonlet

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

A friend and fellow photographer was kind enough to take me out in his boat, and we went around the lake until sunset; loons had their young, and just missed them on the back, but fun to see the chick next to mom. The only issue is when you have two subjects not sure if you can do much on the eye; the Z9 focused great on the mom's eye, but of course the little one's eye was lower, so you can't really focus on two things at the same time, so did a little brush in topaz sharpener, and I think it's alright.

Z9, 500 5.6 PF, 1/1600, ISO 1250, f5.6.

z loon and loonlet 2.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

A friend and fellow photographer was kind enough to take me out in his boat, and we went around the lake until sunset; loons had their young, and just missed them on the back, but fun to see the chick next to mom. The only issue is when you have two subjects not sure if you can do much on the eye; the Z9 focused great on the mom's eye, but of course the little one's eye was lower, so you can't really focus on two things at the same time, so did a little brush in topaz sharpener, and I think it's alright.

Z9, 500 5.6 PF, 1/1600, ISO 1250, f5.6.

View attachment 41854
I love Loons. Nice shot!👍👍👍

Back