If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Have been visiting Tiger National Parks in India for about 10 years now and have had some fantastic opportunities to photograph female/ sub adult tigers. Have always wanted to photograph a male tiger as they are so elusive compared to females and cubs. Had a lovely encounter with this dominant male, he literally blocked the whole road and put up quite a show for about 2 hours!!!

Nikon Z9 with 400mm f2.8S TC shot at 560mm, F4, ISO 1400, 1/800 sec

The Alpha! by Ganesh Balakrishnan, on Flickr

Have been visiting Tiger National Parks in India for about 10 years now and have had some fantastic opportunities to photograph female/ sub adult tigers. Have always wanted to photograph a male tiger as they are so elusive compared to females and cubs. Had a lovely encounter with this dominant male, he literally blocked the whole road and put up quite a show for about 2 hours!!!

Nikon Z9 with 400mm f2.8S TC shot at 560mm, F4, ISO 1400, 1/800 sec

The Alpha! by Ganesh Balakrishnan, on Flickr
WOW! Those paws are incredible.

When we were there a few years ago, we went out to look for tigers on 3 successive mornings. We heard one roar, and we briefly saw the rear end of one disappearing into the woods, but that was it. We did see a Sloth bear as a consolation prize though. You were lucky!

When we were there a few years ago, we went out to look for tigers on 3 successive mornings. We heard one roar, and we briefly saw the rear end of one disappearing into the woods, but that was it. We did see a Sloth bear as a consolation prize though. You were lucky!
Yeah, is is quite challenging to spot a tiger in Indian forests. The key is to do at least 8-10 safaris. I have always been blessed with tiger sightings at Ranthambore but then I make it a point to do at least 8-10 safaris every time I visit.