mft cameras

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I have yet to see any post about micro four thirds cameras so thought I might just mention them, at the age of almost 80 I am finding FF cameras getting a bit heavy, so turned to getting a camera in the four thirds range. eventually I bought the Panasonic G9 camera with the kit 12-60mm leica lens.
Having owned it for a couple of months what a joy to use. First is image stability which is amazing have it in the camera and the lens working together, forget tripods definately not needed. there is so much to like about it and too much to put on here.
Picture quality and video in my opinion as good a more expensive FF cameras
on a recent trip to Portugal and on into Spain via the River Douro gave me a chance to see what the camera can do

Porto (as taken, unedited)
P1003630zzzz.JPG
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

as for video just G9 and lens (again as taken)

So are expensive full frame cameras really necessary as this only cost me new £1199 ($1574.29 in USA currency)

I i did video the river but that as sing my Panasonic HC-X1500 camcorder posted elsewhere

Last edited:
I’m a fan of the small OM bodies and the lighter smaller non pro lenses in M43. It won‘t be the perfect image quality but it’s still quite good and way way easier to take places. One of those EM10 line and some lenses is less than a 180-600 Telephoto for the entire setup and makes a nice alternative for when you don’t feel like dragging heavy stuff around with you.

Back