If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Earlier this week I was able to get out to Joshua Tree to shoot the Milky Way. I shot some images to stack and I decided to compare the results with a single image processed with Light Room denoise. I did a few global edits that are the same on both images. The Sequator image is composited from 6 images and two dark frames. The other one is a single frame from the sequence on which I used the Light Room denoise tool. I think they are close but I think the single frame is a little cleaner. I had to look at the original images at about 150% to see much difference. What do you guys think?
Sequator
Sequator stack 3.1-3.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Lightroom denoise
_DSC9398-Enhanced-NR-Edit-4.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Sky is a bit better with Sequator, but foreground is better in single frame. Over all, both are very close and the difference wouldn't enforce me to get a stacking software.

Very nice image(s).

It is difficult to see the difference. You told you needed to zoom original image to 150% ..
I can see the difference in white balance and it looks for me that LR-image has a bit more contrast what could have been done in post actually.