If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

R.Philip

20220303-untitled-8-2-Edit.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

20220303-untitled-293-Edit.jpg
20220303-untitled-1-Edit.jpg
20220304-untitled-364-Edit-2.jpg
20220304-untitled-678-Edit.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. They were taken with a D850 and Nikon 600mm f/4E FL. This was the first time I have really be able to use the lens for BIF (just got it in January). I had it mounted on a Gitzo tripod with a Wimberly head (an outdated gear rig given the new lightweight mirrorless camera/lens combos available). I was very pleased with it. I was surrounded by a number of guys shooting Sony A1's handheld and shooting high frame rates. I was shooting in short bursts. It was fun. I love the lens and my D850.

Very nice. I will try the park in addition to L&D on the Iowa side
Rich, Many of the locals were telling me that wintering Eagles are getting ready to fly the coup and head back north. I was following the Mississippi Eagle group on FB. It was always my understanding that the Eagles are best in the mid-January to mid-February. I took a chance going Thursday and Friday because many were posting nice shots from the park. Not much action otherwise in the Quad-cities. Glad I went, but just wish I was able to get some blue skies for more pleasing backgrounds. Already looking forward to next year. Good luck if you go.

Rich, Many of the locals were telling me that wintering Eagles are getting ready to fly the coup and head back north. I was following the Mississippi Eagle group on FB. It was always my understanding that the Eagles are best in the mid-January to mid-February. I took a chance going Thursday and Friday because many were posting nice shots from the park. Not much action otherwise in the Quad-cities. Glad I went, but just wish I was able to get some blue skies for more pleasing backgrounds. Already looking forward to next year. Good luck if you go.
I will wait till 2023. Covid put a stop to my activity Avoided crowds, even if that meant not shooting

Reactions: JAS