MIT’s trillion-frames-per-second camera can capture light as it travels

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

If i remember correctly, it's not trillion fps but a (very) fast sync between an light impulse and a shutter release. Repeat a trillion time at ridiculously small intervals and you get light propagation video. Amazing feat but for some reason it's a repose of a 2011 article, the video seem unchanged since i first saw it back then?

If i remember correctly, it's not trillion fps but a (very) fast sync between an light impulse and a shutter release. Repeat a trillion time at ridiculously small intervals and you get light propagation video. Amazing feat but for some reason it's a repose of a 2011 article, the video seem unchanged since i first saw it back then?
It did seem incredibly fast. I do and did consider the source. There is lots of junk science published. MIT standing and reputations, I do trust. If this is fiction, one day it will be a reality. Cheers.

It's real not fiction that they captured light as it propagates, it's just classic press misleading titles with the trillion fps. It's more like extremely accurate stop motion 🙂

Hi Iwan. In a binary world of true or false, or black and white, the media(s) offer fare more than "50-Shades" of grey and the devil is hiding in the details. I now understand what was achieved was closer akin to a Sutter speed of 6/speed-of-light between two photons. Thanks.

Back