Monitor for Processing?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

MikeA

Supporting Member
Marketplace
My LG Monitor is not functioning well any more. I have stripes and problems in the bottom 1/4th of the screen. I was thinking a new Apple monitor might be a good idea in combination with my Apple MacBook. What are your suggestions before I buy?

Both Apple monitors are superb, but pricey. There’s a huge number of pundits on google search. I love my iMac 27” 5k monitor, so I’d go apple.

It should serve you well especially if you take the time to color calibrate properly. I admit that I only do it a couple times a year but they seem to maintain there settings well.

I've only calibrated a mac monitor a couple of times, just because it seemed to be the thing to do. I don't think I've done that with this mac, about 1 year old. I've had four different iMacs over time, but the monitors never really need to be calibrated. I print images for a gallery and I've never had a problem with color on any print. Any reputable calibration device would work well if you want to do that, just do a google search. Mine is a Spyder 4, it sits, lonely, in the drawer...

It seems to be a Mac thing, Mac desktop
A slab is a slab. Does mac creates magic slabs and is the only one to know this magic formula in the world ? Is there an auto calibration background process ?
Even photography dedicated most expensive monitors have to be calibrated. And once a month is better (for professionnal use).

Last edited:
Back