Moose in the Tetons

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Although my recent trip started in Yellowstone, that portion of the trip did not go so well for multiple reasons I won't go into. After leaving Yellowstone I camped in Gros Ventre for 10 days. Although I'm always interested in any wildlife I can find, I was kind of hoping to find some moose shots with some nice fall colors. I guess I can't really complain about the results even if the backgrounds weren't always quite what I envisioned.

The bull in these shots is the same one. I believe he is Bondurante. In any event he spent a lot of time in the campground pursuing the ladies as well as duking it out with a smaller bull one day (I was not around to see that). These particular shots were all taken in the campground or just between the campground and the river.

i-TZMGHnR-X2.jpg

DSC_2872-X2.jpg

DSC_5367-X2.jpg

DSC_5605-X2.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! The largest member of the deer family and beautifully captured! There may have been potential danger for you if this was breeding season. Bulls with an in-season cow can cop an attitude 😳.

Back