Morning Ride with Mom (Loons)

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Loons are now having their little ones, and was out early this morning as a friend took me out on his boat.

I think this is pretty good, but there are some spots on the water - however these spots aren't in other shots, so
I don't think it is stuff on the senor of the camera as I do not see them in other files, and they move around
from frame to frame. Not sure if I should get rid of it or of it's too distracting. Thanks for any input. This was about 45
mintues after sunrise; so the light was pretty good; not sure if I should do anything with color temp on the water.

Attachments

• z mama loon 2.jpg
    z mama loon 2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 58
Loons are now having their little ones, and was out early this morning as a friend took me out on his boat.

I think this is pretty good, but there are some spots on the water - however these spots aren't in other shots, so
I don't think it is stuff on the senor of the camera as I do not see them in other files, and they move around
from frame to frame. Not sure if I should get rid of it or of it's too distracting. Thanks for any input. This was about 45
mintues after sunrise; so the light was pretty good; not sure if I should do anything with color temp on the water.
Sorry thought it posted data automatically. Z9, 600mm TC VR S, f/6.3, ISO 200, 600mm, 1/1600

I thought hitchhiking was illegal in MN. Keep it, not sure what the spots are.
Yeah, could be just stuff on the water. I was kind of obsessed with getting the chick on the back, but that only lasts a week, and they don't hatch at the same time, so was trying to get that and the light and the eyes both kind of in the same direction so was glad I was able to see them. The little one jumped off too a few minutes later and dad came in too. A nice morning on the lake considering an F2 twister went through part of it just a day before.

Sorry thought it posted data automatically. Z9, 600mm TC VR S, f/6.3, ISO 200, 600mm, 1/1600

Thats is debris which you can easily remove in post processing if you want.

Lovely lighting and pose, IQ looks good as well. I only wish you had been more eye level-this would’ve created a more intimate feel and created a better BG vs the pale water. The image also has a weirdly greenish hue to it, especially visible in the water. Not sure if that’s how it actually looked but it does look out.

I would clean it up, and then play with color temp to your liking, or leave color as it stands. Editing is subjective, do what pleases you !!

Back