Mr Jan Gear lens carrier for my 600mm TC lens

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Ivan Rothman

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I have struggled to find a way to carry my big Nikon 600mm TC lens in the field. In a backpack. Handholding. On a tripod over my shoulder. There has to be a better way.
Mr Jan Gear makes a lens carrier that hold my 600mm attached to camera across my front, backpack for other camera gear and this leaves my hands free to hold tripod or monopod or walking sticks.
I have played with it at home and I'll be using it in the field for the first time in a few weeks. I will follow up here with my impressions when I get back from my trip.

1728997854761.png

I have struggled to find a way to carry my big Nikon 600mm TC lens in the field. In a backpack. Handholding. On a tripod over my shoulder. There has to be a better way.
Mr Jan Gear makes a lens carrier that hold my 600mm attached to camera across my front, backpack for other camera gear and this leaves my hands free to hold tripod or monopod or walking sticks.
I have played with it at home and I'll be using it in the field for the first time in a few weeks. I will follow up here with my impressions when I get back from my trip.

View attachment 99362
It looks like it would be worth having. I'll be looking forward to reading your evaluations.

I'll be interested to hear your feedback.

I own one of them, but I never use it. I found it was much too cumbersome and loud to employ when out in close proximity to critters.

I prefer to either use a peak design sling, or attach a monopod and throw it over my shoulder.

I'll be interested to hear your feedback.

I own one of them, but I never use it. I found it was much too cumbersome and loud to employ when out in close proximity to critters.

I prefer to either use a peak design sling, or attach a monopod and throw it over my shoulder.
My use will typically be when hiking to a blind or to another location where I can set up my tripod and camera without concern for scaring off animals/birds which will be coming in after I am set up.

Back