My Backyard perch and blind

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Tom Reynolds

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Some have asked to see this.

My wife, Ginnie, just brought home the water feature. She molded it out of clay in two pieces so we can slip the grape stem into the cavity she created while still retaining the mounting board. Imagine the two halves together with the grape stem ascending from what looks like the water bath. One half fired perfectly but the other cracked so we will need to silicone it so it will hold water. I also need to remove that small branch near the bottom so the two halves can merge together.

Then to avoid our very cleaver squirrels we need to mount it on a post with a squirrel cone below it.

Updates now and then. Maybe it will be ready this year.

Tom
perch.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Some have asked to see this.

My wife, Ginnie, just brought home the water feature. She molded it out of clay in two pieces so we can slip the grape stem into the cavity she created while still retaining the mounting board. Imagine the two halves together with the grape stem ascending from what looks like the water bath. One half fired perfectly but the other cracked so we will need to silicone it so it will hold water. I also need to remove that small branch near the bottom so the two halves can merge together.

Then to avoid our very cleaver squirrels we need to mount it on a post with a squirrel cone below it.

Updates now and then. Maybe it will be ready this year.

TomView attachment 53427
Tom, this is a sweet set up, I like the rustic look of the water pans.

Oliver

I've driven sections of PVC pipe into the ground near the water feature to hold limbs that fall from the trees on my property. By changing the limbs as they wear I can get different looks in my photos.

I've driven sections of PVC pipe into the ground near the water feature to hold limbs that fall from the trees on my property. By changing the limbs as they wear I can get different looks in my photos.

I am more interested in BIF. The most common bird in my backyard are Lesser Goldfinches. I want to try out the focus-every-shot ProCapture.

Back