My D850 has 241,000 clicks - Does that kill the resale on it?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I haven't touched my D850 since I got my Z9 back in September. So I might as well sell it but does having so many clicks on the shutter really hurt the resale value?

It's in great shape aside from that but it really was a workhorse for me for about 5 years.

I definitely wouldn't consider hiding that fact when I do go to resell it.

Thanks

I haven't touched my D850 since I got my Z9 back in September. So I might as well sell it but does having so many clicks on the shutter really hurt the resale value?

It's in great shape aside from that but it really was a workhorse for me for about 5 years.

I definitely wouldn't consider hiding that fact when I do go to resell it.

Thanks
Yes, it will affect the value. It depends on the price, and the ability to replace the shutter assembly, once it packs up. The price of the camera should reflect the cost of replacing the shutter. Most private sellers believe their equipment should bring what resellers are asking.
Camera businesses have overhead and profit they must charge, but private sellers don't.
I have not had the shutter problem myself, but a fellow shooter had the shutter replaced on his CANON.
Of course, we had a repairman that was a wizard with that sort of thing, and wasn't very expen$ive! That kind is a dying breed. The price of the camera should be low enough to reflect the cost of replacing the shutter, whenever it decides to fail; and it will! :)

MPB/KEH offer about 70% of the price they sell gear for. In the MPB listing for the D850s in excellent condition, there is one listed for $1309 that has a 216,110 shutter count. 70% of this is about $910, if the condition of your camera is good, then they will offer about 30% less. You want to try places other than MPB such as KEH and Used Photo Pro (Robert's Camera).

MPB/KEH offer about 70% of the price they sell gear for. In the MPB listing for the D850s in excellent condition, there is one listed for $1309 that has a 216,110 shutter count. 70% of this is about $910, if the condition of your camera is good, then they will offer about 30% less. You want to try places other than MPB such as KEH and Used Photo Pro (Robert's Camera).

For laughs, I put in D850, got a $1,250 quote for Exc and $880 for Good. No place to put in mileage, they probably upgrade or downgrade the offer once the camera comes in.

Back