My Favorite Florida Preserves

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

fotogrob

Spent 6 mornings at Wakodahatchee and Green Cay Wetlands in Delray, FL and loved every minute. FL birds have no fear of humans and sometimes one has to back up to photograph the bird. Culling and editing over 6000 will take a few weeks but I'm in no rush. Here are a few of my favorites so far.
Black Bellied Whistling Ducks Topaz-7781.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
Black Bellied Whistling Ducks Topaz-7680-.jpg
Tricolored heron-4703.jpg
Drake Wood Duck and mate-7171.jpg

Nice. I need to get to Florida next spring. Love the Wooducks.
Ron, I am told that they are relatively rare there. Possibly why there was a big crowd around them. I live in the county adjacent to Queens County, NY where a local lake has as many as 10-12 on any given day. But never in a setting like I photographed in FL

Great set. I live in Central Florida, and I've only seen a few of them 30 min. north of my location a few years back. Here a few short weeks and then gone. Love the last shot, I've never seen them doing the peek-a-boo from inside a hollow log. Nesting there perhaps?

Great set. I live in Central Florida, and I've only seen a few of them 30 min. north of my location a few years back. Here a few short weeks and then gone. Love the last shot, I've never seen them doing the peek-a-boo from inside a hollow log. Nesting there perhaps?
I thought so too but the following day, there were two whistling ducks checking it out.

Back