If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Rassie

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I was out hunting Red-tailed Hawks (they are the most common around here) when this Peregrine came flying by. First time I was close enough to one of these to get an image.

It has interesting little balls of feathers just below the wing leading edges, just outboard of the elbow joint.

NZ8_8769.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Koos - geluk! Nicely done. I yet have to shoot one!
Thanks. If they are a scarce in Southern Africa as here, I think it's more a matter of luck to find one. I heard there's a pair that nests on one of the towers of the Burlington Canal Lift Bridge here on the western end of Lake Ontario where they regularly catch pigeons who also nest on the bridge. I want to go scout it out when Spring arrives.

Thanks. If they are a scarce in Southern Africa as here, I think it's more a matter of luck to find one. I heard there's a pair that nests on one of the towers of the Burlington Canal Lift Bridge here on the western end of Lake Ontario where they regularly catch pigeons who also nest on the bridge. I want to go scout it out when Spring arrives.
Koos, seen one, I THINK! No images! :sick:

I was out hunting Red-tailed Hawks (they are the most common around here) when this Peregrine came flying by. First time I was close enough to one of these to get an image.

It has interesting little balls of feathers just below the wing leading edges, just outboard of the elbow joint.

Congratulations Rassie. Beautiful shot. Well done👍👍👍 Nailed the exposure.