My impressions of the Nikon 180-600 - resolution

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

RockvilleBob

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I took the 180-600 out on a kayak to Burtons Island, leaving a few minutes before sunrise.
Since this is my favorite time for kayak photography I wanted to see how the lens resolution/IQ was versus the very good Sigma Sport 200-600
For my use the len's resolution/IQ exceeded my expectation and I feell, based on just one outing, it outperformed the now aging Sigma Sport 200-600.
The first image is slightly cropped showing a Laughing Gull landing with his crab breakfast. The next is the same image just showing the gull and crab.
The second image is an uncropped shot of a hunting Osprey followed by just the Osprey.
The resolution and image quality exceeded my expectation.
Yes a prime would be better, I have a 500f4 G lens and the Nikon Z 800 lens) but when you're in an environment like a kayak, or elswhere where you a=cannot zoom with your feet, you can probably be very happy with the Nikon 180-600.
ospre-no-crop.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

osprey-crop.jpg

gull-crab.jpg

gull-crab-IQ.jpg

Back