My local Kingfishers, south east Queensland, Oz

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

ruley74

We're lucky to have five different kingfishers in my region.

Torresian Kingfisher
D50_7305insta.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Azure Kingfisher
D50_5087_DxO-denoise-denoise-gigapixel-scale-2_00x.jpg

Forest Kingfisher
DSC_1044-denoise-denoise.jpg

Sacred Kingfisher
D50_7482-denoise-denoise.jpg

And the good old Laughing Kookaburra

1R0A5765.JPG

Beautiful, and I'M SO GREEN. Have found two of them at the creek at David Fleay Wildlife centre. Kookie resident in my son's garden. Have looked hard and all over for them. I love your Backgrounds too!

Very Nice! that Azure looks like he's dressed up for a date... not a feather out of place!
Thank you, yes he was certainly in good condition. Opposed to the Forest which looked like he had a big night out!
Ruly74 - nice shots of the kingfishers in your neck of the woods and very educational for those of us who don’t live in Australia. Well done!
Thank you
Nice lineup!
Thank you
Very nice.
Thank you
Beautiful, and I'M SO GREEN. Have found two of them at the creek at David Fleay Wildlife centre. Kookie resident in my son's garden. Have looked hard and all over for them. I love your Backgrounds too!
Thank you, it took me a while to get a decent shot of the Torresian, and to get that shot of the Azure I was in the kayak at the south western end of Hinze Dam (there was quite a few of them down there!)
Nice series
Thank you

Back