Need a little help

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Chappy

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I was approached yesterday by a large department store yesterday that is building a new store in my area. It will be a very big store with a big entry way. They want to buy photos from me and get them printed for their opening in early October. (yea short notice). They want gallery wraps in 46x72. I talked with my local printer and the largest he can do is about 40x60. I have looked online some and the largest I can find is 40x60. Which brings me to my first question, does anyone know of a printer that will do 46x72 gallery wraps.

Secondly, I'm going to look at some other media around the area and online. I have one image that was used to wrap a hallway in a cottonseed delinting plant. I'm not sure about the dimensions of the wrap but I know the height is around 8 ft tall. The printing looks very good and was done by a local sign company. It got me to thinking about going to that same sign company and getting them to print to the size mentioned and then mounting on a large board like plywood or something better.

I did do a 40x72 canvas print at the same local printer. I think his business bought a new printer and that is the limits of his prints. Even if i go through another printer, this local printer will assist me with the files to make sure they will work okay for the very large prints. He has taken some of my files in the past and "resed up" to print large canvas prints at 30x60 and 40x40. Most are from 45 MB files from D850, Z8 and Z9.

I would appreciate any input about different media's to use or print shops that I might be able to work with that will produce the large gallery wraps.

Back