New to editing - Lr or LrC?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Hello all,

I am new to photo editing and have just learned about the existence of Lightroom Classic. I was wondering if it was worth the upgrade if I am currently only using Lightroom. From what I've read, LrC seems to have more options, but is not as user friendly.

Thanks in advance for any response!

The Adobe photography plan has lightroom, lightroom classic, and photoshop included for 9.99 per month, so you can use both. Classic is better if you always use a desktop computer, but lightroom is good when mobile. There are ways to sync the two.

Hello all,

I am new to photo editing and have just learned about the existence of Lightroom Classic. I was wondering if it was worth the upgrade if I am currently only using Lightroom. From what I've read, LrC seems to have more options, but is not as user friendly.

Thanks in advance for any response!
Here is a great blog post about which one to use:
And you should look in to the "Adobe photography plan" as mentioned earlier so you can evaluate both of them.

Back