Nikkor 24MM filter question

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

bkashner

Supporting Member
Marketplace
We are taking a cruise-tour to Alaska next week and have gathering my gear for the trip. Many thanks to all who have offered their advise and thoughts. Huge help!
I have a Nikkor 24mm I figure I will be using a lot. I have been reading that it is unwise to use a CPL on it, however I could not find anything definitive regarding an ND filter. Any advice would be welcome. Also any thoughts on a rain cove would be appreciated also. Thank you!

Last edited:
We are taking a cruise-tour to Alaska next week and have gathering my gear for the trip. Many thanks to all who have offered their advise and thoughts. Huge help!
I have a Nikkor 24mm I figure I will be suing a lot. I have been reading that it is unwise to use a CPL on it, however I could not find any definitive regarding an ND filter. Any thoughts?
And... any thoughts on a protective camera hood? Thank you!
The advise against using a CPL with a wide angle lens is mostly to avoid uneven polarization (most noticeable in the sky).

There are no issues with using ND filters on a 24mm lens. You are just reducing the amount of light (evenly) that gets to the camera's sensor.

Back