If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

BCcanuck

Supporting Member
Marketplace
First shot, a quick grab in wet falling snow.
IAH_0644PL6.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I just sent back a 400 f4.5 that I rented along with a Z7ii to try out. It is definitely a sharp lens and the light weight and balance are superb for a relatively fast aperture lens. I found that I need the versatility of a zoom, so this lens is not for me. But if you don't need a zoom, I think it strikes a good balance of aperture and portability (and value, though IMO it's a bit overpriced and should be below $3K). It's faster than a 400 (or longer) zoom that is only f5.6 or f6.3 or f7.1 but much smaller and more affordable than a 400 f2.8 .

Last edited:
Agreed, not a good composition at all. I simply stood in my yard and shot the first thing that moved just to test the sharpness for myself. Of course, I also wanted an excuse to play with my new toys.Getting about here at the moment is very difficult due to heavy snow storms.