Nikkor lens index tab

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Larry S.

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I’ve just noticed that the index tab on my f-mount 50mm f/1.2 ai-s is slightly bent. The lens does function normally. The tabs on my other “ai-s” lenses are straight and perpendicular to the rear element. Thoughts on straightening it out with flat face jeweler’s pliers or leave it alone… It bugs me that a previous owner probably sat it down wrong and bent it…😒
IMG_1704.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

IMG_1703.jpeg

It might have been dropped. Regardless, if it’s working properly I’d consider letting it be. But a member with more wisdom than me on such matters might have a different suggestion.

It might have been dropped. Regardless, if it’s working properly I’d consider letting it be. But a member with more wisdom than me on such matters might have a different suggestion.
Thanks JA. A “drop” may be closer to the cause. Here’s the jeweler’s pliers I was referring to….
IMG_1706.jpeg

I'd try jeweler's pliers. That should work.

Over on Nikonians there is a long time member who does AI conversions and Has a good supply of parts. Here is his website with contact information.

John White has been a member of Nikonians for over 20 years. He has recently indicated parts availability is becoming difficult or impossible for some lenses.

I'd try jeweler's pliers. That should work.

Over on Nikonians there is a long time member who does AI conversions and Has a good supply of parts. Here is his website with contact information.

John White has been a member of Nikonians for over 20 years. He has recently indicated parts availability is becoming difficult or impossible for some lenses.
Thank you Eric…. I’ll give it a try and post results. The John White site you referenced was excellent.

Back