NIKKOR Z 50mm f/1.2 S

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Both the 50 and 85 f/1.2 are daily drivers in studio. The 50/1.2 is on the Z9 80%

Both lenses are optically perfect and delicious. We became addicted to the 50/1.2. Even at f/8.
The transition from focus to out of focus is crazy. (Positive crazy)

Going out for a walk, Driving around to air out, etc. the 50/1.2 is the lens being picked.

Seriously considering. The 85/1.2 took over for me and I hear the 50 is as good.
Both the 50 and 85 f/1.2 are daily drivers in studio. The 50/1.2 is on the Z9 80%

Both lenses are optically perfect and delicious. We became addicted to the 50/1.2. Even at f/8.
The transition from focus to out of focus is crazy. (Positive crazy)

Going out for a walk, Driving around to air out, etc. the 50/1.2 is the lens being picked.
Thank you for your replies!

If I shoot musicians rehearsing, taking environmental portraits with both the Z 24-70 mm S and the Z 50mm 1.2 S, and later cull though the images randomly, the 50mm images will stand out.

I wish I could describe it, but somehow the evenness of performance across the field, the sharpness, contrast and lack of CA make It a very special lens.

Does anyone have the NIKKOR Z 50mm f/1.2 S lens? If so do you use it often? I have a chance to trade for a new one.
I have a dozen or so older 50mm Nikkors from the Ais Noct to the Z f1.2.
I'm not a big fan of the 50mm lens but the new Z f1.2 has brought me back.
Its not a small lens but it has to be one of the best lenses Nikon has ever made.
Together with the 105 MC Z lens they are my favourite Z lenses ... 🦘

Back