Nikkor Z 70-200/2.8 S first images

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I've been using the new 70-200/2.8 S for Z-mount for a week and thought some of you might be interested in some quick results. I live in Singapore, so not much wildlife I'm afraid (I've not gone birding yet with this lens and the 2x teleconverter but will post pictures when I do) but the recent full moon created an interesting opportunity or two. The close-up shot is at 150mm, f/5.6, 2.5s on a tripod, with a few minor edits in Capture One (highlight recovery, saturation, but no sharpening). The wider shot is at 70mm, f/2.8, 0.4s on a tripod, similarly without sharpening.
JP_Singapore_02-09-20_013 1.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
JP_Singapore_02-09-20_067 1.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Great images.
My new Z 70-200 f2.8 has just been delivered and I used it for the first time today. It seems to be brilliant.
However, I wonder about with the new Z teleconverters... I've ordered the x1.4 (hasn't come yet), but what about the x2?
With the F-lenses the x1.4 III was OK, but the x2 was unacceptable - to me at least.

Back