nikon 300mm 2.8 vrll function button

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Been trying different setups for the function button on my 300mm 2.8 VRll and it will not work on different modes only AF -ON. I can't set it up to go through the different focus modes. Does this only work on the new lenses?

Been trying different setups for the function button on my 300mm 2.8 VRll and it will not work on different modes only AF -ON.
Correct.... The LnFn buttons will activate the Menu assigned Custom setting only if the AF switch on the lens barrel is set in the AFOn position on Telephotos eg 500 f5.6E PF, 800 f5.6E FL
I can't set it up to go through the different focus modes.
This is a limitation of F Nikkors eg the Memory Recall switch only works with the lens selector sliding switch in the Memory Recall position, with Lns Fn buttons executing the position saved using Memory Set
Does this only work on the new lenses?
If you are referring to the Z Nikkors, these don't have all the on lens controls. IME only A/M for focus and a focus distance delimiter switch. The VR modes, including On/ Off, synchronized VR, are controlled in camera. Memory Recall AF can be paired with any of several options in custom assigned buttons, including LnFn.

Last edited:
Back