Nikon 400/2.8G replacement foot options?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

ruley74

Hey there,

I want to replace my foot with a arca swiss compatible foot and potentially shorten the height also.

I know Wimberley do the AP-452 however not in stock here in Oz that i can find and will be a few months before. Benro used to do one, again stock seems to be an issue (china...ebay, yes but...).

Does the group know of other options that work on these G super tele's?

Cheers,

Dean

Have you tried Rubber Monkey? Kiwi company with branches in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne.

Same thing, no clear information as to compatibility to the 400G lens. The 180-400 foot looks the closest.

Hey there,

I want to replace my foot with a arca swiss compatible foot and potentially shorten the height also.

I know Wimberley do the AP-452 however not in stock here in Oz that i can find and will be a few months before. Benro used to do one, again stock seems to be an issue (china...ebay, yes but...).

Does the group know of other options that work on these G super tele's?

Cheers,

Dean
Have a look at Kirk Enterprise. They have a range of replacement feet for Nikon 400mm lenses. I like dealing with Kirk and they send to Australia. RRS is also excellent and they respond to questions but they don’t like to promise a good fit unless they have tested a particular model.
I bet they have a solution at Kirk.

I had a look at the Kirk, that would work well. just need to see what total cost will be shipping here to Oz... I may just get a plate to get me by for the time being.

The freight costs seem quite high but include any duty. I have been very happy with the costs from Kirk, and they are very nice to deal with. I ordered something from them once and the sent me an email checking that I had ordered the correct item because it was a bit unusual and new.

Back