Nikon 800 pf control rings driving me nuts.

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Phil Seu

Supporting Member
Marketplace
For some reason, the small ring on my lens started controlling aperture and I cannot turn it off. My f2 for both lens rings is OFF. Can someone help with this. Thanks

Last edited:
There is a function ring clockwise and a function ring anti-clockwise, are they BOTH off. ?
Yes. Both OFF. Every single f2 lens control option is OFF. I have re-checked this about 10 x yet the function ring still changes the aperture. Probably will ship the body to Nikon for warranty service.

These folks figured out it is the control ring not the function ring?

Hi, can you clarify your post?

Regardless of what the rings are called, I am trying to understand why if every lens control setting on f2 is OFF, my aperture still changes when the smaller ring on my lens is turned.

Which camera are you using?

I have this lens with the Z9. With that camera you have to set the function for the ring. I set it for ISO and it works fine, I use t all the time.

Regardless of what the rings are called, I am trying to understand why if every lens control setting on f2 is OFF, my aperture still changes when the smaller ring on my lens is turned.
I have shut mine off on a Z8 and Z9. So, assuming you shut it off correctly, then you are correct, something must be wrong and a trip to Nikon is warranted.
How it should look:

Attachments

• IMG_2838.jpg
    IMG_2838.jpg
    525.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Apparently they were saying some lenses have function rings and control rings and there are different camera settings for each. They were setting the function rings in the camera and wondering why the control rings weren't affected, when they should have been using the setting for control ring. I don't know but might be worth checking if you have found the right place to set it.

Back