Nikon AF-S 600mm f4E on Z8

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Hi, I have a 800mm f6.3 and a 600 f6.3 but at times I feel the need of more light. The Z 600mm f4 is out of range for me considering also the lenses i already have. I am considering the AF-S 600 f4E with an adaptor for my Z8. Does anybody have tried this combination and in particular, how is the autofocus and resolution?

Hi, I have a 800mm f6.3 and a 600 f6.3 but at times I feel the need of more light. The Z 600mm f4 is out of range for me considering also the lenses i already have. I am considering the AF-S 600 f4E with an adaptor for my Z8. Does anybody have tried this combination and in particular, how is the autofocus and resolution?
The 600mm f/4 E-FL is my favorite lens for wildlife work with the Z8 or Z9 via either of the FTZ adapters frequently with a 1.4x TC for smaller subjects. This is an incredible combo for my more serious wildlife work. Sure if budget allowed I’d love to pick up the Z series 600mm f/4 with built in TC but the F mount 600mm is a fantastic lens that works great with mirrorless cameras or DSLRs.

The AF-S 600FL ED VR lens will work super - you will need (likely already have) the FTZ-II attachment. Fast focus, sharp photos if you do your part. Enjoy
(Dave made his post as I typing mine, did not know or I would have passed)

I’m sure that you will be more than happy with the AF-S 600 E f4. I have the older version, 600G. Like Dave this is my serious wildlife lens. Not quite an E and definitely heavier but still delivers quality images. Budgets are our controlling restraint.

Back