Nikon EN-EL15 C Dual Charger?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

My 0.02c is be sure to match the specs of the MH-34 charger(s), which is USB C PD. These new generation chargers can be charged on powerpacks, 3rd part AC powerblocks with USB C plugs.
Besides the USB chargers are more compact.
BandH has Used MH34's.
As with the MH33 for PD charging the newer versions of the large ENEL18 batteries, Nikon's progression to support the PD standards is one of their wiser decisions. Sure simplifies life, especially traveling: independence from AC, more compact, universal cables etc

Here's more useful information, including 3rd party chargers for ENEL15

Last edited:
Interesting. I had no idea this charger even existed. You would think that Nikon would have updated what’s in the box with its $4k camera to include as opposed to the same one I got with my 7 year old D500. Thanks for the info.

My 0.02c is be sure to match the specs of the MH-34 charger(s), which is USB C PD. These new generation chargers can be charged on powerpacks, 3rd part AC powerblocks with USB C plugs.
BandH has Used MH34's.
As with the MH33 for the newer versions of the large ENEL18 batteries, Nikon's progression to support PD is one of their wiser decisions. Sure simplifies life, especially traveling: independence from AC, more compact, universal cables etc

this. these are nice and compact and the usd pd makes them very flexible

fwiw, in the past i had gotten the high end “cube” 3rd party dual chargers and they worked great… until nikon released the 15c version and they wouldn’t charge those at all. 🤷‍♀️

Interesting. I had no idea this charger even existed. You would think that Nikon would have updated what’s in the box with its $4k camera to include as opposed to the same one I got with my 7 year old D500. Thanks for the info.
I have one. Its nice to have one charger cord for both the Z8 and Z9 chargers, but the percentage leds do nothing. They never light. Hopefully a firmware update will make them functional.

This is the best thing since sliced bread. It is just a hub with 4 inputs. One is power cord to outlet. Other 3 plug into Nikon OEM chargers. I have two hubs and charge 6 enel15’s simultaneously. Very inexpensive, nothing to break. No power issues. Just a hub.

Problem is - I can’t find my order from Amazon, so can’t send you link. When I do, I’ll post it up. This is the easiest, least problematic solution. Been using it for years.

GOT IT!
Chenyang IEC 320 C8 1 to 3 C7 Splitter Power Adapter for Power Supply 1 in 3 Out https://a.co/d/bKKC05W

Attachments

• IMG_1673.jpg
    IMG_1673.jpg
    520.6 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
This is the best thing since sliced bread. It is just a hub with 4 inputs. One is power cord to outlet. Other 3 plug into Nikon OEM chargers. I have and charge 6 enel15’s simultaneously. Very inexpensive, nothing to break. No power issues. Just a hub.

Problem is - I can’t find my order from Amazon, so can’t send you link. When I do, I’ll post it up. This is the easiest, least problematic solution. Been using it for years.
That’s one way to do it. The reason I want a dual is to have one piece for travel.

I have this one from Nitecore: https://photo.nitecore.com/product/unk2

But has a regular USB-A plug so I do not use it on my travels anymore as I moved for all my equipment to USB-C connections. My go-to USB-c adaptor is a Samsung 65W dual USB-C one. I charge one battery via the MH-33 and when needed via a second cable charge the other battery in-camera. Maybe this can help under the condition you have a Z body allowing in-body charging. Samsung charger -->

Okay, learning some new things here and on the referenced DPR thread. I’m going to start looking for a dual PD charger. As I’m no longer using the EN-EL15a batteries, it’s probably time to upgrade. And, besides, it’s ugly outside today…

BandH has Used MH34's.
As with the MH33 for PD charging the newer versions of the large ENEL18 batteries, Nikon's progression to support the PD standards is one of their wiser decisions. Sure simplifies life, especially traveling: independence from AC, more compact, universal cables etc

I’ve been using my old MH-24 Nikon chargers to charge my en el 15 C’s as well as my older 15, 15A and 15B’s. No issues. Newer USB C charging would be nice to allow charge from power block, but I have too many of the 3 previous models 15’s (used in my D850’s) to start over
As it is, when traveling, my wife and I have to carry lightning plugs for older apple devices, mini usb for old kindle and her hearing aids, usb C for new Apples and new kindle. Pain in the ass especially since she and I each have so many different models of old and new meaning we carry 2 of all connector cords. Thank God Europe put an end to Apple dictating the cord d’jour.

BandH has Used MH34's.

$83
$83...? It appears that Nikon is very proud of this charger!

Okay, learning some new things here and on the referenced DPR thread. I’m going to start looking for a dual PD charger. As I’m no longer using the EN-EL15a batteries, it’s probably time to upgrade. And, besides, it’s ugly outside today…
More below about USB C and PD. Buying the correct cables is a solid investment. I use a Thunderbolt or the shorter Nikon UC-E24.
I've learned the expensive way that it pays to buy only reputable PD chargers and power blocks. Anker is recommended, including this car charger.

I am on my third EN-EL18c battery. Two from Amazon and one from B&H. DOA. It looks like the new one from B&H is not working either. I placed the B&H battery it in the battery charge and unplugged the charger and see if that makes a difference. The battery does not want to calibrate. I just now wrote to Nikon and B&H and will hear back shortly. I hope!

Back