Nikon is updating encryption keys

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

They probably just changed the cameras showing the wifi password by default or something. No big deal
It has to be more then that.
They are doing it for point and shoot, for the aged Z5, etc. you think they would spend all these development resources just for cosmetics?

It has to be more then that.
They are doing it for point and shoot, for the aged Z5, etc. you think they would spend all these development resources just for cosmetics?
They're doing it for all the current camera bodies, so... Yes? Note that they haven't done it for the d850, or d750, etc etc. I guess you could argue the p950 isn't current, but that's the only one.

It's not a difficult change either, unless their coding practice is that awful. So "all those resources" amounts to 2 guys knocking this out over a couple hours probably.

For the pxxx series...

"Changed the default password displayed on the connection menu after all the camera’s settings were reset. "

Seems cosmetic only. 0 big changes. I think you're making a mountain out a molehill.

They're doing it for all the current camera bodies, so... Yes? Note that they haven't done it for the d850, or d750, etc etc. I guess you could argue the p950 isn't current, but that's the only one.

It's not a difficult change either, unless their coding practice is that awful. So "all those resources" amounts to 2 guys knocking this out over a couple hours probably.

For the pxxx series...

"Changed the default password displayed on the connection menu after all the camera’s settings were reset. "

Seems cosmetic only. 0 big changes. I think you're making a mountain out a molehill.
Based on the information we know they have different teams for each model

Back