Nikon NX Studio not responding.

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

JDG Photo

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I have downloaded the latest version on my PC. When opened it says processing. After a short time there will be as message saying not responding. I uninstalled it then reinstalled it. That did not fix it.
Anyone else having this?

I have downloaded the latest version on my PC. When opened it says processing. After a short time there will be as message saying not responding. I uninstalled it then reinstalled it. That did not fix it.
Anyone else having this?
Works fine on my Windows 11 PC. Be certain your PC meets the system requirements specified by Nikon.

Works fine on my Windows 11 PC. Be certain your PC meets the system requirements specified by Nikon.

Thanks for the reply. I have been using NX Studio on my PC for a couple of years with no problem until now.

Had problems this morning with my Win 11 machine. I would suspect a MS Win update issue except I have updates turned off, unless one slipped through (some updates get pushed out regardless of settings). It hung bad, couldn't shut it down with task manager. Finally got it to re-start and it worked ok the rest of the session. When I tried to turn the laptop off, it wouldn't allow any of the turn off/restart buttons to work, I had to shut it down with the power switch. I'd guess a conflict between Nikon and MS though Dell might also be involved.

Anyone else having this?
I processed all the Windows updates on my HP laptop, rebooted, and NX Studio worked as normal.

Had a similar problem, tried reinstalling, etc, if i remember right, it was a default folder that it could not find (had be renamed). Once I fixed that it worked fine.

I today proved again, NX noise reduction is superior to ACR or Topaz.
Joel, I’m happy you’re finding that to be the case for your photos. I’ve found noise reduction in NX Studio to be poor, at best. Lightroom works well for me. I’m debating whether to renew Topaz Photo AI when my subscription expires in a few months.

Joel, I’m happy you’re finding that to be the case for your photos. I’ve found noise reduction in NX Studio to be poor, at best. Lightroom works well for me. I’m debating whether to renew Topaz Photo AI when my subscription expires in a few months.
The NX noise reduction around a bird’s face, doesn’t have the artifacts that ACR & Topaz AI have, plus, Its not becoming soft.

I should post samples

The NX noise reduction around a bird’s face, doesn’t have the artifacts that ACR & Topaz AI have, plus, Its not becoming soft.

I should post samples
For me, the artifacts from Photo AI are caused by sharpening not by noise reduction. It’s why I’m considering not renewing. Topaz’s noise reduction is quite good, in my experience.

Regardless, noise reduction in NX Studio is working well for you. That’s what’s important! 🙂

You posted samples in the post processing forum. I saw them.
I didn’t a single photo processed the n NX compared to ACR and Topaz AI.

The new Topaz AI Noise module is pretty solid now.
But the sharpening module is artificial.

I couldn’t find a good balance between sharpening and noise reduction, So I gave NX a try and I was surprised.
NX sharpening is so much more natural looking.

For example, This photo looked overcooked in ACR and Topaz, but I was able to get it just right in NX. Sharp and smooth noise reduction.

Back