Nikon snuck something into the Z8 press release

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Wes Peterson

Supporting Member
Marketplace
A future firmware update will allow for automatic remote capture and a new base ISO of 200 when shooting in LOG.... this has the potential to be a huge feature.

upcoming.JPG
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I'm intrigued! That could be huge for remote setups!
I could see the camera getting triggered as soon as subject detection kicks in..... another thing I suspect we will see soon from one of the camera makers is subject based VR.... Instead of stabilizing based off camera movement, the stabilization will be based off of the subject position in the frame. This will dramatically improve the keeper rate for panning shots.

I could see the camera getting triggered as soon as subject detection kicks in..... another thing I suspect we will see soon from one of the camera makers is subject based VR.... Instead of stabilizing based off camera movement, the stabilization will be based off of the subject position in the frame. This will dramatically improve the keeper rate for panning shots.
It'll be interesting to see what they do - I'd speculate, but I'm remarkably bad at it LOL!

it'll be curious to see. i submitted a suggestion via Brad's fw suggestion effort to allow capture on motion (ex, for wildlife photo traps). be interesting to see what they do. (not that they looked at my suggestions)

Back