Nikon TC 1.4x

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I recently purchased a Tamron 150-500 f5-6.7 (A 057) for my Z8. I love the lens. It its not too heavy to hand hold and I get some really nice photos, when I don't mess up.
My question: Can I use Nikon's TC 1.4x on this lens. I asked Tamron and they could not "guarantee functionality with other branded TC's). Thoughts?

As stated, that lens does not accept teleconverters. Even if it did, it is questionable whether a zoom of that range would work well with a teleconverter. I have the Nikon Z 180-600 and tested it with both Z 1.4x and Z 2x teleconverters (which both work well with my Z 70-200). The 2x on the big zoom is so bad it is useless and the 1.4x is decent but not great. In fact it is debatable whether it is any better than just cropping the shot without the teleconverter to the same amount of enlargement. However, in your case it's a moot point because you cannot use a teleconverter.

I recently purchased a Tamron 150-500 f5-6.7 (A 057) for my Z8. I love the lens. It its not too heavy to hand hold and I get some really nice photos, when I don't mess up.
My question: Can I use Nikon's TC 1.4x on this lens. I asked Tamron and they could not "guarantee functionality with other branded TC's). Thoughts?
I'm not familiar with the Tamron.
If the rear of the lens doesn't protrude and is recessed then I dont see a problem.
I suggest taking it to a shop and trying it ... 🦘

I don’t recently purchased a Tamron 150-500 f5-6.7 (A 057) for my Z8. I love the lens. It its not too heavy to hand hold and I get some really nice photos, when I don't mess up.
Nikon Z TCs will only work with Nikon mirrorless lenses designed to work with teleconverters. Lenses from other manufacturers are not supported.

Back