Nikon Z 600mm f4 TC

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

The 600 f4 and 400 f2.8 S lenses are low production products, so if Nikon USA (or wherever you are located) does not have them in stock, it may be a while. However, it is possible that demand and stock may finally be in line. My local shop received a 600 f4S (now sold to a client) and 400 f2.8S (now sold to me :)) 9 days ago.
My local pro store is in Minneapolis with a thriving art and photography market. They said that these were the first two non-NPS 400/600 they've received.
I had no intentions of buying the lens, as I was shooting with the 400 f4.5 and 800PF... after playing with it in the shop and thinking about how to minimize the gear I carry in the field, I made a big trade.
No regrets!
bruce

The 600 f4 and 400 f2.8 S lenses are low production products, so if Nikon USA (or wherever you are located) does not have them in stock, it may be a while. However, it is possible that demand and stock may finally be in line. My local shop received a 600 f4S (now sold to a client) and 400 f2.8S (now sold to me :)) 9 days ago.
My local pro store is in Minneapolis with a thriving art and photography market. They said that these were the first two non-NPS 400/600 they've received.
I had no intentions of buying the lens, as I was shooting with the 400 f4.5 and 800PF... after playing with it in the shop and thinking about how to minimize the gear I carry in the field, I made a big trade.
No regrets!
bruce

Hoping my store never shows me one...

Readily available at my dealer here in the U.K. . Both exotic long Nikon lenses are fairly easy to get hold of here in Europe. I’m not saying there are ajwats readily available but (for whatever reason) it seems they are easier to get hold off with less waiting time. This also includes the PF lenses abd to a kesser extend the 180-600

Just got an email from NPS. It‘s about to ship to Allen’s Camera. Can’t wait to get it! I traded in my Z 800mm f6.3 towards it. Be nice to have 600 and 800 focal lengths in one lens. Thank you to everyone that replied,

Just got an email from NPS. It‘s about to ship to Allen’s Camera. Can’t wait to get it! I traded in my Z 800mm f6.3 towards it. Be nice to have 600 and 800 focal lengths in one lens. Thank you to everyone that replied,
Wow...congrats....that was fast. Good to know they are easy to get now because one reason I've hesitated making a big Sony to Nikon switch is that I couldn't get the big glass in a meaningful and predictable timeframe. (not saying I'm going to do the switch but now I have one less excuse...LOL).

Ok, now I'm starting to feel slighted. My (non-NPS) wait period currently stands at 13 months 10 days and counting... (but who's counting, right? :rolleyes:)

Last edited:
I got mine a couple of weeks ago from a dealer in SoCal. I got a call from Allen’s camera on Friday that they had one and I was next on their list. i was on the list at my local dealer for over a year and they only received 1 in that time for an NPS order

I'm calling Brad on the 26th to dicker a deal on your trade in 800mm. I could deal with Allen, Brad is a tad tougher

Back