Nikon Z180-600 mm Repair Manual

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Some of you are probably more mechanically inclined than I am, but there is no way I would attempt any lens or camera repairs on my own. Thankfully I have an excellent camera repair shop (and authorized Nikon dealer) not far from me.

Some of you are probably more mechanically inclined than I am, but there is no way I would attempt any lens or camera repairs on my own. Thankfully I have an excellent camera repair shop (and authorized Nikon dealer) not far from me.
Me neither, I used to replace the batteries in my own iPhones but stopped that years ago after I broke the ribbon cable underneath on one. However, the availability of repair manuals and parts will enable not only those with the skillset to self-repair, but for third parties to offer repair services. For instance, Nikon repairs are fixed price part replacements. Focus problem, that's a "B4" (or whatever opaque code they give it) and replace the focusing motor ect. I had two motors replaced by Nikon over the years in my 70-200. When it went out again a few years ago, I contacted Mid-West Camera Repair. There were no motors available as the lens was too old, but they were able to fix the existing motor and it has been trouble free since. Unfortunately, they closed this past February. With right to repair, hopefully, it will be easier for skilled technicians to offer factory alternative competition with greater transparency which could in turn push Nikon to be more customer friendly and transparent as well.

Back