Nikon Z6ii questions

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

A couple of questions:
1 - why doesn't my Z6ii have Auto-area AF face/eye detection in the autofocus section of the setup menu? I have updated the firmware to 1.60.

2 - In setting up the user (U1, U2, U3) dial, I would like to have U3 be auto ISO and U1 be a fixed ISO (100) , but if I enable auto ISO, it stays on auto for all U setups. How can I separate this?

1. It’s in Photo menu >> AF Area Mode >> Auto-area AF (people). Or it can be set using the i menu.

2. It’s been a while since I’ve had a Z 6II and Z 7II, but I think ISO options should be able to be set independently for U1, U2, U3.

A couple of questions:
1 - why doesn't my Z6ii have Auto-area AF face/eye detection in the autofocus section of the setup menu? I have updated the firmware to 1.60.

2 - In setting up the user (U1, U2, U3) dial, I would like to have U3 be auto ISO and U1 be a fixed ISO (100) , but if I enable auto ISO, it stays on auto for all U setups. How can I separate this?

You have to save the settings you assign to any of the U menus. First switch to (say) U1. Set up everything as you want it then save the settings to U1. Repeat for the other U menus.

Back