Nikon Z6iii Charging from cars USB port

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I'm going on a self drive safari and would like to know if I can power my Z6iii from the cars USB port?
If so, do I need a certain type of cable to support this charging
It would be nice to know I could do it in case I run out of batteries
Sorry if this is a silly question

I'm going on a self drive safari and would like to know if I can power my Z6iii from the cars USB port?
If so, do I need a certain type of cable to support this charging
It would be nice to know I could do it in case I run out of batteries
Sorry if this is a silly question
It's possible some very recent cars have USB PD (Power Delivery) capabilities but the average car out there does not. You can power a Z6 III from a USB port if and only if the port is PD compatible.

There are some car cigarette plug PD compatible USB adapters out there that can be found online. If you have one of those AND a PD compatible USB cable (many are not so specifically purchase a PD compatible cable) AND the safari vehicle has cigarette lighter style power ports you should be fine. But just plugging into most car's USB ports or using a generic non-PD car to USB adapter or the wrong cable won't work.

For instance B&H sells these PD compatible car power to USB adapters.

It's possible some very recent cars have USB PD (Power Delivery) capabilities but the average car out there does not. You can power a Z6 III from a USB port if and only if the port is PD compatible.

There are some car cigarette plug PD compatible USB adapters out there that can be found online. If you have one of those AND a PD compatible USB cable (many are not so specifically purchase a PD compatible cable) AND the safari vehicle has cigarette lighter style power ports you should be fine. But just plugging into most car's USB ports or using a generic non-PD car to USB adapter or the wrong cable won't work.

For instance B&H sells these PD compatible car power to USB adapters.

Thank you for the prompt response

Back