Nikon Z8 (Architectural photography) attached photo

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Hey everyone! This was shot by an Iphone by the way . I couldnt download the actual image , so I had to take a picture of it on the screen. I am going to be doing a lot of photos like this with my Nikon Z8 14mm-24mm, 2.8 Lens , mostly shooting at 14mm to pick up the ambiance of the location and while the subject is important and needs to be clear , the subject is secondary to the location . In these particular types of photos ( Lower lighting areas) I assume I should have the F-stop wide open to 2.8? Also what about Auto Focus? (Wide-area AF (C1) )?? Subject detection should be turned onto people? Also if I get any grain in the photo , it should be quite easy to take out in denoise in Lightroom Classic ? If there are any other settings that I failed to mention , which should be turned off or on , I would greatly appreciate the feedback . Again , I am relatively new to photography , so I'm open to any form of advice or suggestions .
***Also if I ever have to take a photo of myslef with the camera , whether it be in the vertcial or horizontal position , what tripod as well as a quality control unit would I use to take the picture?

Here is the pic ! I had to reduce the size to upload .

Attachments

• IMG_4500.jpg
    IMG_4500.jpg
    866.9 KB · Views: 91
the Z8 is a lovely camera but with a Z7II will you have a better dynamic range. You might, or not, see the difference but depends on your final picture.
This type of photography does not require ultra fast AF not 20fps shooting.

The said lens is a wide angle lens and has already a big DOF wide open. If you have no persons in your frame can you opt to shoot from a tripod and get your camera at base ISO for the crispiest of pictures and even go for F8.
With a person in the shot can you dial in your settings to get a shutter speed of around 1/200th if the person is indeed sitting still.
The choice for a tripod is for sure to be found here on the site as there are so many brands of heads and tripods. I would choose an AS type L bracket with a sturdy carbon tripod and a ballhead from a reputable company.

Hey everyone! This was shot by an Iphone by the way . I couldnt download the actual image , so I had to take a picture of it on the screen. I am going to be doing a lot of photos like this with my Nikon Z8 14mm-24mm, 2.8 Lens , mostly shooting at 14mm to pick up the ambiance of the location and while the subject is important and needs to be clear , the subject is secondary to the location . In these particular types of photos ( Lower lighting areas) I assume I should have the F-stop wide open to 2.8? Also what about Auto Focus? (Wide-area AF (C1) )?? Subject detection should be turned onto people? Also if I get any grain in the photo , it should be quite easy to take out in denoise in Lightroom Classic ? If there are any other settings that I failed to mention , which should be turned off or on , I would greatly appreciate the feedback . Again , I am relatively new to photography , so I'm open to any form of advice or suggestions .
***Also if I ever have to take a photo of myslef with the camera , whether it be in the vertcial or horizontal position , what tripod as well as a quality control unit would I use to take the picture?
One thought, with 14mm shooting interiors with straight vertical lines, it's crucial to keep the camera leveled, not pointed downwards as you did here. You get funky and not always pleasant perspective. Some of it can be fixed in LR using the Transform panel, but it crops.

I realize this is not the Critique section and I apologize profusely if this opinion is not welcomed. Send me DM and I'll remove it.

Back